Rainy days on holidays can be a bit of a drag, especially when you've got kidlets to entertain. So, we've rounded up our Top 10 ideas for indoor action.
1. Centre of Gravity Indoor Rock Climbing & Laser Tag- is a fabulous place for all ages and a mountaineer’s heaven. This indoor rock climbing centre has a range of challenges for children from 3 years and older. Once you have enjoyed a climb you can try our their Dark Zone - a laser tag centre in a double-storey maze with fog, music and lights.
2. Wave Bowl - this ten-pin bowling centre has state of the art sound, laser lighting and video screens. Add in a great menu, a bar, an outdoor terrace/bar/cafe (which is still under cover), and a private karaoke room and you've got your family entertainment, sorted!
3. Catch the latest blockbuster movies at Port Macquarie's Majestic Cinemas located in the heart of Port's entertainment and dining precinct, or take a trip to Laurieton's Plaza Theatre where you will step back in time at this beautiful picture theatre built in 1959, which inspired Baz Luhrmann to become a film maker.
4. Planet X Rollerskating & Activity Centre has indoor all-weather fun and activities for families and any one else who is young at heart with energy to burn. Recreational Skating roller rink, roller hockey, skate N gym, indoor paintball, bazooka ball, jumping castle & slide, air hockey and arcade games (last two not available during COVID restrictions).
5. Port Macquarie Museum - explore the 14 rooms of this award-winning museum in the heart of town which tells the story of Port Macquarie’s past through photography, displays and artefacts. There are a number of kid's activities associated with the exhibitions and they can even play dress up in colonial costumes!
6. Sea Acres Rainforest Centre - a lovely place to take the family with a gift shop with educational info and colouring in for the little ones, and an adjacent cafe with lots of tasty treats. Even if it's raining, it's worth putting on your raincoats and doing the Rainforest Boardwalk which is a beautiful 1.3km stroll through the treetops!
7. The Facade Escape Room is a live-action adventure or mystery game where teams of players work together to solve a series of puzzles and riddles using clues, hints, and strategy to complete the objectives within a set time.
Popular for groups of friends, workplace team building, and families, Façade’s games suit ages "tweens" and up and teams of 2 to 6 players.
8. Ricardoes Tomatoes and Strawberries Farm -is a farm-gate attraction all under cover. You can pick your own hydroponically grown strawberries growing on vertical latticed racks in the greenhouses, so no bending over! Taste their delicious scones and strawberry jam at Café Red and pick up some of their award winning preserves and other local produce.
9. Springloaded Port Macquarie - This popular super-sized trampolining and gymnastics facility is available for structured, supervised free play. Cafe on site.
10. Indoor Play & Activity Centres:
Jumbos Playland -the biggest and best indoor soft play centre in town offers swings, slides, games and a giant maze suitable for 0-10 year olds. It’s a pleasure park of fun, and what’s more there’s great coffee for the adults and its fully air conditioned.
Wilderness Activity Centre & Cafe - Newly renovated, community owned facility great for kids under 12.